Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Past is haunting me

Every week I get a letter from the girl I had met in hospital. Why don’t I come home? She misses me terribly and when she starts writing that my Mum and Dad miss me I know I must write her a strong letter. 


        I explain that I like Australia and in any case I’m committed to stay a couple of years there is nothing I can do about it.

But still, the letters arrive every week. I mention to Ben I wish she would stop writing.  A couple of weeks later I get a letter from a strange person I don't recognise. When I open the letter, I recognise her handwriting. She tells me she had received a letter from Ben, my flat mate, telling her to stop writing to me as it upsets me and he would destroy any further letters from her if he found them before I did. That’s why she used another name to write to me. I don't answer the letter.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, as Julie says - "Tough, but wise"!
    Look who you have got instead, the one and only, Diane ( nee Speakman) - who I might add besides being a wonderful wife and mother, keeps you on the straight and narrow. I think she tries to do the same to me, so far she has been an abject failure!!! ha ha.
    Cheers
    Colin (HB)

    ReplyDelete