Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm getting my trade's license

I've been working in the electrical workshop at Carrier Air Conditioning, wiring switchboards of large air conditioning systems, for a couple of months now, still without a full license. I remind the boss of that. He finally gets around organising for me to get a proper license.
A typical air conditioning switchboard
A date has been set where I go for my Queensland Electrical Fitter and Mechanic’s Certificate with the Electrical Workers Board. I’m a bit nervous, mainly because of my limited English.

I find my way in to the Board’s Office in town and am ushered into an inspector’s office. He is a friendly chap, asks me about cabling colours which I tell him, then he wants to know all about installations in Switzerland. How do we do this and how do we do that. We chat for quite a while then he tells me I can go, my certificate will be in the mail. I'm a licensed Electrical Mechanic and Fitter - not a licensed Electrician yet. That has yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment