Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I have been let down

I phone Dave Smith on Tuesday and ask him what’s happened to my car. It’s ok he says, I phoned PNG Motors and they towed the car to their workshop with my instructions to them to strip the engine.
My very first car in Australia, now ruined.

A week later when I return to Port Moresby and go to PNG Motors, I find the car at the back in their yard. I ask the manager what they have done to it. Nothing, he says. He saya he was not told to strip the motor to prevent it from rusting… When they finally attempt to do something about the car, it is really too late. They clean the car up as well as they can but it has lost its value. Of course it isn’t insured. Willy’s Ute is the same. Although it is a much older car and not as valuable, he too has lost his transport.

My car is ruined but I am reunited with the love of my Life, My Diane.

THE END

1 comment:

  1. Hey, come on Bill, it's not THE END - it's the start of a whole new chapter - now get to work and fill us in on the next part. You can't leave your story there.............. Ann J

    ReplyDelete