Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Big Plans are afoot

We are now four people living in Barlow’s flat, three Swiss and a South African. Willie (from Basel), Werner (from Winterthur) and myself (from Thun). We sit and talk every night, drinking beer. We consume a carton of beer every night during these planning sessions between the three of us. I know, because every third day it’s my turn to buy a carton of beer. The empty bottles threaten to take over the stairs to our flat.

We plan a trip by VW bus from Singapore to Switzerland through Asia, the Middle East. Most nights we plan and scheme and drink a carton of beer. Some nights Willie, who has found a girlfriend called Kerrie, is out with her and only Werner and I continue planning the trip.

Werner tells me that while I was on the other side of the island, that upon his return from Lae,  he sometimes went out with Willie and Kerrie and Diane Speakman, Kerrie’s friend. Everyone tells me about Diane who I haven’t met yet.



1 comment: