Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I meet Diane

I've been hearing a lot about this Diane. Kerrie's friend whom I haven't met yet.

A few weeks later, I have an opportunity. Ann Tussle, Carrier’s Secretary, and her husband Tim have invited everyone to a party at her house. Naturally all Carrier staff are going as is Kerry, Willie’s girlfriend and Diane Speakman, they are already there when I arrive and I join them. It doesn’t take me long before I sit next to Diane and find her very interesting. She’s well tanned, has great legs but doesn’t smoke and doesn’t drink. I realise I won’t be able to get her drunk so I have to apply my personal charm.
It is a typical Port Moresby party in the back garden of Tom and Ann's government house. There is a keg of beer which is surrounded by the single men. A few tables where the married couples are sitting. On one of those tables are Willie and Kerry and Diane and I. 


Also at the party are Fred and Wendy who have brought Brian and Sandra. Brian is the Public Solicitor working at the Public Trustee’s Office and Sandra his voluptuous wife is the centre of every male’s attention at the party. She’s wearing a low cut dress displaying her feminine assets.

Tom, the host, is very quiet as usual occasionally being bossed around by Ann, his wife, to change the Bert Kaempfert or James Last records.

It is a great party and we have quite a bit to drink. I ask Diane, who came with Kerry, if I can give her a lift home and she says yes.  At the end of the night we leave in my Falcon and I have to concentrate very hard on my driving. It's the 60s and DUI is unheard of. But maybe I should have called a cab anyhow. I drop Diane at the top of her driveway and head home to our flat. I like that young lady, I wonder if she likes me too.


Next - My lovely car goes for a swim

2 comments:

  1. Oh and so swish ( not Swiss!). So debonair, just a little dash of Mr. Tony Curtis ro Mr. Robert Redford. The Jay Gatsby look, I believe.
    And a tie on!!! Most impressive.
    The young lady is very attractive and oh so attentive! Very Mia Farrow look-a-like the young lady.
    Have I had the pleasure of making this lady's acquaintence?
    Colin (HB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey look at that mini dress and the cute slim guy.

    ReplyDelete